Zipp's legendary speed weapon, the 404 Firecrest, is better than ever. This go-to rim-brake wheelset is, for the first time, tubeless-ready. That means you can run reduced tire pressure for reduced rolling resistance and increased cornering grip and compliance without the risk of pinch flats. This wheel's 58mm rim depth is a classic that has carried athletes to victory in every kind of event and situation—every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints, and hilly finishes. Zipp's ABLC Sawtooth Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency, while Zipp's ShowStopper textured braking surface delivers unrivaled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is a savvy and speedy choice.
- All-around aero 58mm rim depth with proven crosswind stability
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage airflow around the rim and contributes to a faster, more stable wheel
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- ShowStopper textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Ships with QR end caps and quick release skewers
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Rim||Carbon Clincher, symmetrical, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Rim brake|
|Hub||ZR1 Disc Brake|
|Spokes||Sapim CX-Ray, black|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||19mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|100mm QR / Black / 700c||710845855504||00.1918.521.000||210000097293|